Thursday, October 11, 2012

Township high school

My dad having a stare-down with an owl

Watching the bird show

After a bath
Sophumelela Secondary School
My mom with a student (a "learner",) Lisa Beal, Mr. Ndemane (the teacher,) and Thomas Mtontsi

In the class room

On the township tour



At a view point

On Wednesday morning, my dad and I visited the bird center at our hotel with our friend Marcy. At 1pm, we met up with my mom and 2 of her coworkers, Lisa Beal and Thomas Mtontsi, and drove to a township high school. A the high school, Lisa and my mom gave a talk about climate change and ocean currents. After that, Thomas gave us a tour of the townships. After that, we met up with some friends for dinner in a neighboring township. [Wednesday, Oct 10] 

1 comment:

  1. Just a quick comment!! It was awesome having you guys there and I know that there is no encounter without an impact. Your presents, the contribution of everyone will go a long way. I will email your mom to thank her for the arrangement a bit later and for the gifts.

    But I have to say your dad is awesome. So incredible easy to chat and also a great company keeper. You must have the greatest dad, greatest parents!! must feel very blessed

    Thomas

    ReplyDelete